Eric Cantor, Republican congressman from Virginia was defeated in his state’s primary election Tuesday night by someone from the Tea Party, oddly enough that group that Cantor had some hand in shaping, named David Brat.
No big deal really until you see who Brat asked for help to defeat Cantor, one David Gheen of ALIPAC (Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee) a rather innocuous sounding name until you read what that group stands for.
- Warns of violent revolution if the Tea Party can’t stop the immigrant “invasion.”
- Says violence may be needed to stop Obama’s war on “white America.”
- Wants President Obama arrested for his immigration policies, possibly through a military coup .
- Calls immigration “national rape” that takes the power away from “traditional Americans.”
- Fears that America will no longer be “governed by people of European descendancy.”
- Warns of “black mobs roaming many U.S. cities targeting and beating the crap out of white people.”
- Demanded that Sen. Lindsey Graham come out as gay because he claimed he was being blackmailed into supporting immigration reform.
Notice how Gheen has wrapped himself in the American flag which some say is usually what “scoundrels” do. This is the constituency Brat will be expected to listen, cater to when and if he takes office. Let’s hope the people of the 7th Congressional district in Virginia have the sense not to elect him. Brat’s victory comes a day after Juan Cole wrote another brilliant article detailing the latest white American terrorists and their attacks on the Homeland. In it he lays the connection between white terror and white supremacy….something people of color have been asserting for quite some time in America.
The American far Right, with its white supremacism, fascination with guns and explosives, profound hatred for the Federal government, poses the biggest terrorism threat in the country by far. Worse, they receive support from right wing media in the U.S. because they hate taxes just the way the ultra-conservative media moguls doe. Although their attacks are ideological, directed at civilian victims and violent, they are seldom categorized as ‘terrorists.’ Rather what they do is “mass shootings.” In the meantime, plots hatched by Muslims in the U.S. during the past few years appear almost always to be a form of entrapment by the FBI.